Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Got Weather on My Mind

Today I'm getting ready for a week in Seattle where I'll be attending the American Meteorological Society's Annual meeting; a job-related trip. So I'll be immersed in panel discussions, presentations, symposia, poster sessions, etc. that focus on the science of weather and climate. That's why I've got weather on my mind!

I have been too busy to work up new drawings to show you so I decided to share tiles drawn years ago that reflect my mood. These little journal entries have the feel of swirling wind, sunshine and rays of warmth, rain and snow, and funky clouds, ala Zentangle.

It also happens to be my birthday today, and I came into this world during a major snowstorm. Schools and most of the businesses in town were closed down that year on January 21. Luckily, my parents' neighbors had some heavy car that got mom to the hospital safely. Because of that event, my Mom and Dad always called me their Snow Baby.

Here in the Rocky Mountains (though beautiful and sunny earlier) the snow has begun to fall, as if to give me another birthday present. It's been a good day!









No comments:

Post a Comment