Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Tangling with Stamps

I love the versatility of Zentangle patterns; like combining them with rubber stamps. Getting ready for my upcoming class at Two Hands Paperie in Boulder called Tangling with Stamps, I use various rubber stamps as contours or "strings" to fill with patterns. Completing the vignettes with shading, color work ( either colored pencil or watercolor) and gel pens is so much fun. There are no creative boundaries!

Here you see some fall-themed ideas, but the holidays are upon us and using stamps themed for them could yield beautiful Christmas and Hanukkah cards. This class will certainly help you unwind and de-stress before the holiday season rush and help you get a head start on card and gift ideas. You can also fall back on the Zentangle method of drawing any time you need to catch your breath. I will provide everything needed to create a miniature stamped art piece for class, but you are welcome to bring your favorite rubber stamps to work with. As you will see in my samples, the stamps need to have generous open spaces to be able to fill in with tangle patterns.
"Time, time, time, see what's become of me. . ."

"As I look around, for my possibilities . . ."

"I was so hard to please . . ."


"So look around, leaves are brown, and the sky is a hazy shade of winter."
"Look around, leaves are brown, there's a patch of snow on the ground. " Do you remember these lyrics from Simon and Garfunkel's song?


Apple composition waiting to be tangled.


2 comments:

  1. I really love the tangling you have done on these stamps! The patterns you used are just perfect. A joy to look at. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete