I'd like to share the process of my design and decorating in steps as it's more fun than just viewing the finished product.
- I primed the walls with a Benjamin Moore "Natura" semi-gloss acrylic paint.
- Then I sketched the contour on the wall based on photos my favorite local cottonwood tree.
- I sprinkled the branches with diverse birds - more will probably follow. But this is a good start.
- I am drawing on the wall with various sizes of black acrylic paints that are housed in a pen-like casing with a foam tip. They are made by Montana. You see them pictured in a glass on my wooden ledge. I bought them at Guiry's in Boulder where I got good advice on what best to use.
- I have started adding tangle patterns and is it ever fun! I will be shading with soft graphite and or gray acrylic washes. Still experimenting with that.
- I wish I could do this all day. But alas, there's that "real job" I have!
Stay tuned for the finished wall mural and later my in-home class offerings!