Followers

Monday, January 26, 2015

Park Hill Art Club Zentangle Workshop

I had a wonderful Saturday tangling with some talented ladies (watercolor, oil, and acrylic painters, and even a floutist) from the Park Hill Art Club in Denver. Micheon coordinated a spacious, sunny room at the neighborhood Methodist Church. She supplied us with a table full of comforting treats, and we settled in to a day of learning the Zentangle drawing method. After lunch we powered through learning as many tangles as possible and progressed to a "Botangle" piece.

My sample Botangle; an anemone that I provided a template contour for as a final exercise.

My happy, "zenified" class.



Works in progress.

My special reward came today when one of the ladies emailed me this story and her image of a card she tangled for a friend after the class; "Here is my rendition of the flower. I will send it to my 81-year old friend who received her 3rd cancer diagnosis last week. What to say? A get well card? Hardly. But, if I send a Zentangle card every week, maybe I'll entice her into a Zen art activity. Thanks, Annie for the inspiration!"😍

This is why I love teaching art, especially Zentangle.


No comments:

Post a Comment